The North Wales Association of Church Bell Ringers (NWACBR) has its own Bell Restoration Fund (BRF). Set up in 1978 the BRF functions as a charity - to provide financial assistance in the form of grants to Churches in the Dioceses of Bangor and St. Asaph, for the purpose of maintaining and improving bell installations.
Registered charity number: 507101.

The rules governing the activities of the BRF can be viewed here.
Guidelines for making an application to the BRF can be viewed here.

As a registered charity the North Wales Association of Church Bell Ringers can reclaim 25% of any donation received with Gift Aid! A £5.00 sub is therefore worth £6.50 if accompanied by a Gift Aid form. The Association Bell Restoration Fund receives the proceeds generated by Gift Aid and every penny counts!

Gift Aid declaration forms are available to download and print here.

There are certain rules governing what the Association can and can't claim, as follows:
  • Gift Aid can be claimed on membership subs and also on single donations (those over £20.00 require a Gift Aid form if the donor is not a member of the Association), provided that the donor currently pays income tax. The Association can also claim Gift Aid on money raised by collections e.g. church service collections, profits from fund raising events involving the sale of goods, wedding fees etc. under the "Small Donations Scheme" (GASDS).
  • Gift Aid cannot be claimed on donations made by donors who are non-tax payers, donations made by cheque (unless specifically accompanied by a completed Gift Aid form) and subs paid by PCCs on behalf of their ringers.
A couple of polite requests:
  • Could all Branch Treasurers sending money to the Association Treasurer Simon Griffiths please copy in the details to the Gift Aid Secretary Jill Danby via e-mail.
  • Could Tower Captains and Branch Treasurers please notify the Gift Aid Secretary Jill Danby if a ringer ceases to be a member of the Association or ceases to pay income tax.
If you have any questions regarding donations and / or Gift Aid please contact the Gift Aid Secretary Jill Danby. Please return all completed Gift Aid declaration forms to: